Monday, May 13, 2013


A Birthday present appears
The Lily box ,How they should look!!

If anyone remembers reading my blog about my birthday this year you might remember my granddaughter Chrissy and her husband Ben gave me a lovely box of lily corms which I duly planted in the flower bed in my garden.
I was very pleased when they started to grow and would count them as they came up. I was very surprised when of the nineteen that I planted, nineteen actually grew and looked pretty healthy.
2 set of red lilies so far

Now they have started to bloom. The buds have been forming on quite a few of them for a while now but then one came out , followed by another and then another.

Photos are all by Mike

They are just wonderful colors and by the look of things will all eventually bloom and give us all such wonder at their magnificent colors. Coming into bloom at the same time would have been spectacular but this gradually bloom is just as nice and our enjoyment of them should last well into June.
What a lovely birthday present.
Thanks once again Chrissy and Ben.

1 comment:

  1. We can all share in that "Thank You" what lovely plants.
    John

    ReplyDelete