Saturday, May 4, 2013

Morning has broken


Morning has broken


Such a lovely fresh morning that I went out early this morning and took some photos. This kind of morning always makes me think of the hymn/song,” Morning has broken like the first morning”. It is one of my favorite songs. I remember singing it at school at mornng assembly. I hope to have this played at my memorial service. It is so uplifting.

Morning has broken 
Like the first morning,
Black bird has spoken 
Like the first bird.
Praise the singing! 
Praise for the morning!
Praise for them springing 
Fresh from the Word! 
Sweet the rain's new fall 
Sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dewfall 
On the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness 
Of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness 


Where His feet pass.
Mine is the sunlight! 
Mine is the morning.
Born of the one light 
Eden saw play!
Praise with elation, 
Praise ev'ry morning,
God's recreation 
Of the newday!


Words: Eleanor Farjeon
Here is the link to thr youtube version by Cat Stevens.

No comments:

Post a Comment