Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Man and Dog


Man and Dog
My painting 

I have figured out I am just not good at getting proportions right when I sketch. I really will have to work on that. It might not show so much on a landscape but on people and animals it certainly does. This watercolor painting was just a quick study but as I was painting I found the body was  not right on either the dog or the man and I couldn't adjust it easily.

Original photo

 I also rather liked the painted effect halfway through better than the finished painting.I should have stopped earlier!!
I guess you learn something every time you paint.

2 comments:

  1. I think a painting can be viewed in two ways: first does it look perfectly like the photo, second is the story it tells the same as the one in the photo, in this painting it might not be a perfect geometric representation but it sure tells the story perhaps even better than the photo!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley, Wow this is a good one really like the subject and the painting, Great !!

    ReplyDelete