Friday, May 17, 2013

Poppies AGAIN!?

My painting


I finally got around to trying a watercolor of a poppy scene that I had photographed in the yard. Poppy scenes and poppy paintings are all over the internet. I guess the vibrancy of the red poppies just draws you in.
My poppies in the yard are finally all gone. There are a few pastel pink ones appearing in the flower beds but these don't look like the cabbage type ones that came out in the woody area.


I tried this time to work in a looser fashion with not so much detail and to let the water do most of the work for me and I really like the effect on this one.
As Mike says this looks more like a watercolor.

1 comment:

  1. I really love poppies, and this painting looks like they are happy
    and lively, like most eary flowers they don't last long so it makes
    your paintng really a good one to keep and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete