Monday, May 13, 2013


A Fancy French Apple Tart


About 3 weeks ago I went to a meeting at a friend's house and she served up a delicious French Apple Tart. It was just so lovely that I decided to make one as soon as I had an opportunity.
It so happened that while I was out shopping I saw a lovely tart pan with a removable bottom which makes it so much easier to remove the delicate tart after cooking. So I bought it and decided to make the tart for our lunch for the family on Mother's Day.
I looked up a recipe in my French cooking book, and Mike went out to buy the apples and the other things I needed. It wasn't difficult to make but I couldn't make out just why the measured ingredients didn't seem to quite fill the pan. It wasn't until it was cooking that I reread the recipe and saw that I had made an 8 inch tart in an 11 inch pan. No wonder I had had to use extra apples!!
As Mike says when he is woodworking” read twice, cut once” or as I will now say
read twice and very carefully, then cook once well and then enjoy “.
It was a very nice tart with just the right amount of sweetness in the tart.

1 comment:

  1. I think apple pie is one my favourites, Mum used to make one
    for Sunday with the addition of clotted cream, so yummy.

    ReplyDelete