Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dillo Games


Dillo Games


So I went out on the back porch to throw out a bowl of water with lots of fragments of veggies in it. I do this so my sink and drains don't get blocked . This happened once before but that is another long and involved and not very interesting story.
To continue-I poured the water over the fence that goes around the deck so that it could water the bushes that grows there.


 What a commotion ensued! This little semi pink and gray fellow in a complete armored suit jumped out onto the deck in instant panic. He rushed here and there with me trying to get out of his way. The cats sat around blinking one eye in their sleepy state but didn't seem a bit bothered by all the fuss. The dogs rushed out the doggy door intent on saving me and then rushed off towards the front gate.
Little Dillo continued to rush back and forth , He didn't seem to have any sense of direction as to where he should go. He finished up behind the BBQ,
Then the dogs rushed back and I knew if they caught Dillo it wouldn't be pleasant . We have found dead dillos in the yard a few times and this obviously was a young, not very bright dillo. So I put the dogs indoors, got my camera out, found a broom then came out and pushed the little fellow in a general direction to the hole under the deck from whence he had come.


It took some doing as he kept jumping back up on the deck. It was just like level one in a video game. But in the end I won and I even managed to take a few ( blurry) photos.
I shall hope Dillo knows that this isn't a good place to spend the summer.
He was kind of cute though.

2 comments:

  1. It says in "national Geographic" that some cultures eat them, they taste like pork... I'm only saying!
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little prehistoric baby, it must have been a shock watching him scuttle around,
    I hope he survives and finds a mate, I don't think he would be as bad as raccoons ! got
    up this morning the whole bird feeder was in the ground, the little birds are flying around
    wondering where their breakfast has gone. So off soon to get a other feeder!
    total destruction and they ate the suet ball.

    ReplyDelete