Thursday, May 2, 2013

First Time at Landscape in Watercolor

Photo of De Gray lake
So  I watched a few You tube videos and took the plunge. I selected a photo of De Gray lake at sunset. Quite a challenge. The trees were the most difficult to paint. I felt they came out too "blobby" .Also I still have to work on the paper "buckling". I can also see my colors are too pale especially the sunset colors.
I am also doing this blog on my new ASUS tablet which is also a challenge as the keyboard and controls are very unfamiliar. So is taking photos. I have yet to try to add to this blog. Now I am not sure what I have added. There should be 2 photos. One photo is the photo and the other the painting. Hope it works.
painting

2 comments:

  1. Your energy is inspiring!
    The painting looks OK but the ASUS doesn't let us enlarge it the photo magnifies fine.
    not tried watercolor with landscapes yet, but many have and do.
    Keep it up
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Looks like you are having a grand time with new equipment and painting a new medium,
    it must keep you busy. Like your water colour you really seem to have done well with water colours
    I envy you. I seem to be in a bit of funk not too much interest, funny how that happens.
    I have called upon the painting fairy to come this way and start me up again!
    Your garden seems to be giving you a lot of interest. I was almost going to try kale to go
    with dinner but, John suggested not to play around with Sunday dinner!

    ReplyDelete